Monday, April 19, 2010

Polyhedral Structures

Phase 1:
For the first phase of the project I simply chose shapes that I liked and then tried to fit them together in an interesting way. I found that the pentagonal shape fit together with each other in an interesting way and decided to further explore the shape with the second phase of the project.


Phase 2:
For the second phase of the project I really wanted to make a container that could hold make-up. I wanted to use black and red because I thought they looked sleek and elegant. If I were to make a real model of the container I would probably use a shiny plastic material or even vinyl covering. I imagine this being displayed in someone's room or even a store as a decorative piece more than a container that would be thrown away. One idea would be that someone could buy the individual pentagonal shapes and then fit them together as they please, as many as they please.

1 comment:

  1. Toni,
    Good documentation images. PLease include a brief text about tha packaging concept and process-( form, color, structure, function)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete